The Buzzard's Flight
The Lonely Buzzard
Base Model: CEC YU-410 Freighter
The YU-410 light freighter was a light freighter produced by Corellian Engineering Corporation.
At 44 meters long, the YU-410 was relatively large for a light freighter, and could carry a fairly impressive 250 metric tons of cargo.
It was also well armed, with four double laser cannon turrets, mounted on the upper and lower hull and at the front corners of its two cargo bays. However, these advantages came at a price, as the YU-410 was relatively slow and had very poor maneuverability. As part of cost-cutting, it was equipped with smaller than normal engines that led to a low maximum speed and reduced maneuverability. Like most CEC designs, it was easily repaired and modified.
Due to its large cargo capacity and low profile, it was a popular model with merchants and mercenaries. The large cargo space was often converted in opulent living quarters, making the YU-410 into a mobile base of operations. The large cargo bays also helped smugglers hide objects from customs inspectors.
Corellian Engineering Corporation
YU-410 light freighter
200,000 credits (new)
30,000 credits (used)
Maximum speed (atmosphere)
Backup: Class 12
Double laser cannons (4)
250 metric tons
The Lonely Buzzard
An old YU-410 painted green, the Buzzard has seen better days. According to Borda, the ship has been languishing in his ‘lot’ for seven years, but LE-0N was only missing weeks of his memory when he was found on the ship. Its history is still murky, but it is currently registered legally to Kain Ya’Qul.
- Upgraded Central Ion Turbine (Speed +1)
- Twin ion cannons mounted in Starboard quarter turret mount
- Quad laser cannons mounted in Dorsal turret mount
- 6 points hull damage (Currently at 20 Hull of 26)
- Starboard quarter double laser turret inoperable (Requires replacement)
- Far Port cabin missing all floor/wall panels and lights
- Port cargo door is much slower to open than starboard, almost twice as slow.
- Starboard cargo hull has 1-meter fracture (welded together and covered with scrap metal)